Monday 25 June 2007

Memory loss

Back in Stockholm and it feels wonderful. It is great to get out of town now and then but it is definitely better to get back. I left Mölle early in order to avoid the traffic and went straight to the office where I met up with Jay. She was lobbying for me to go with her to Patricia more than she was working. Patricia is a big boat with a restaurant, bars and nightclub and Sundays are gay nights. Mostly gay men and faghags but occasionally an exception from the rule (as myself) turns up. I told her that I would think about it if we could only finish the work that we were there to do. “Of course!” She said. “Why do you think I am here?”. I didn’t have a clue. Four hours later we had something that was presentable and we called it a day. I drove home for a shower and a change of clothes, made myself a drink and was starting to feel relaxed. If you are a lesbian and you want to be sure you get laid, under-dress is the way to do it. But on the other hand you can never be too over-dressed for the gay men. I decided to flirt with the later since I needed to feel human again after some days on the country side. Not in the mood for any short time fun any way. What I really needed was an alcoholic buzz and I was already on my way.

When I was ready I took a cab to Ekens bar to pick up Jay. I spotted her baseball cap and found her by a table with two blonde girls.
I ordered vodka with soda and joined them.
”You are here, finally! This is Marie and Camilla.” She was widely gesticulating.
”Hello Marie and Camilla, nice to meet you.” I smiled and shook their hands.
They were all getting drunk and I felt that I was far to sober for the company, so when Jay wanted to order shots for me I obliged.
The two blondes turned out to be quite entertaining (or maybe it was the shoots) so we invited them to come with us when we left for Patricia.

Patricia was packed with people but at this point I was drunk enough to not care. I lost the girls somewhere in between cheek kissing Fredrik and cheek kissing Marcus but found Joppe at the bar and everything was okay. Joppe immediately ordered a bottle of champagne and we where laughing, drinking and talking about a lot of important things of which I can’t remember anything. Suddenly somebody taps my shoulder and when I turned around my eyes met the brunette from last week. What was she doing here? Didn’t seem like her arena on any night and especially not on a gay night.
“I was hoping to see you here.” She said with a smile.
”Joppe this is…” fuck, I didn’t remember her name!
”Katja” she filled in.
“Very nice to meet you Katja!” Joppe asked the bartender for another glass and handed Katja some champagne.
She turned to me and whispered in my ear.
”I have to admit I’m a little offended.”
”I was hoping that I’ve made a good enough impression on you to remember my name”.
She said it in a very sexy way but I was not in the mood (read: sober enough) to play that game. I would love to, but not in the state I was in. I didn’t want to make a fool out of myself.
”Sorry if I disappointed you. Excuse me but I have to go and find someone.” I needed to get away from her ASAP.
I said goodbye to Joppe and went to look for Jay. I could feel Katja’s eyes in my back. Please, please, please don’t make me fall. I cursed my choice of footwear. From a distance I could see Jay with her baseball cap in the bar upstairs. She had her arms around the two blondes, both taller than her. Instead of going there I went outside and took a cab home.

I’m deeply concerned about this memory loss thing. Tomorrow I will schedule an appointment to make sure I don’t have Alzheimer…


No comments: