Wednesday 13 June 2007

Bigfoot

Jay and I went to a launch party yesterday for this new restaurant that was opening. She insisted of wearing her Havajanas since her left foot was all swollen and twice the size of the other one. I was ashamed of her footwear but have to give her credit for going anywhere with that foot in the first place. I was wearing a white linen suit and some high heel open sandals in soft orange suede from Ralph Lauren. Chic indeed! The restaurant was not more than 2 blocks from our office but since my sandals weren’t made for walking and Jay’s foot wasn’t either we took a cab. I got a little tipsy from the champagne and started to introduce Jay as Bigfoot. She wasn’t crazy about it and after I while I had to let it go. I mingled a little bit while Jay sat down to rest her foot and ran into a publishing executive that I met at a private party a month ago or so. He said that he had some collaboration ideas that he wanted to talk to me about so I gave him my card and asked him to call me tomorrow at the office. I guess I should have talked to him a little bit longer but I desperately needed to get away from his breath. Went back to Jay who was chatting up some young hot, obviously straight (but flattered), girl. I talked with them for a bit but the hottie was not hot enough to compromise for being so boring so I left. Went home and had a nice hot bath with a glass of Chablis before I went to bed. Dreamt about Bigfoot, the hairy one...


No comments: