Thursday 14 June 2007

A little piece of paper

Jays foot was still swollen so I showed her some pictures of Elephantiasis, which made her schedule an appointment with her doctor the very same day. The doctor told her it was nothing serious, just an allergic reaction to an insect bite. She was very happy when she came back and soon showed me the real object of her excitement. A piece of toilet paper neatly folded together.
“What is that?” I wondered.
“Well, while I was at the doctors office I had to go to the bathroom”, she explained.
“As I was going in this gorgeous woman, a copy of Esther Canadas, came out the door. And guess what?”
“What?”
“There was some pee, just a little bit, on the ring so I wiped it up with this piece of paper and took it with me!” She was almost hyperventilating of excitement.
“Why would someone do anything as sick as that?” I wanted to know.
”I don’t know but it makes me feel closer to her somehow.”
“I really hope you washed your hands your sick puppy!” I was laughing so hard I almost wet myself.
“I’m not sure but I’ll do it now just in case.” And with a wide smile she carefully placed the toilet paper in the right pocket of her trousers and walked towards the bathroom.

While she was in the bathroom I went on the internet and googled Esther. Oh my fucking God! I want a piece of that paper too!! I was drooling over Esther when the publisher with the bad breath called. We scheduled our lunch for next week.

I left the office early to buy myself a new dress for the dinner party at Chez Stéphanes on Saturday. Jay left the office early too for, what I suspect, a beer in the sun. She asked if I wanted to join her later but I declined. I never have been much of a beer drinker…


No comments: