Wednesday 11 July 2007

Know Him so Well

Some Japanese prospects are in town and we had to take them out for a night on the town. I hate having to deal with drunk clients of the opposite sex. Sooner or later someone are getting a little bit to touchy and you can’t ask them to fuck of since you need the business. Jay are lucky.. the men always seems to come to me and the women to her. Yesterday was no exception. After a delicious dinner at Oaxen we did some bar hopping around the Stureplan area. The Japanese became drunk quite fast so I guess there could be some truth about the lack of enzyme speculations. They insisted to go to a karaoke bar, which shouldn’t surprise me but it did.
”We have to get out of this!” I grabbed Jays shoulder and looked her desperately in the eyes.
”Relax, I’ll take care of i.” Jay looked super cool and for a split of a second I almost believed her.
“You know I don’t do stages, I just cant..” I was close to crying.
”Relax… I said I take care about it. Promise!”

At the karoke bar everybody was drinking and my rule not to get drunk during job related situations was really hard to stick by. The Japanese didn’t take no for an answer. I tried to trick them by sipping my shots but they found out.. and as a result they forced me on stage. I just stood there like a mupped.. palms sweaty, body shaking and realizing that I had to do this for the sake of the firm. I looked at Jay for sympathy but she was drunk beyond. Somebody picked the song for me and it starts playing; ‘I Know Him So Well’ from the musical Chess. It was one of the most humiliating moments of my life...


No comments: