Sunday 8 July 2007

Spend Money - Make Money

Jay was in a hung-over-quiet mood all day but after a couple of beers and a new pair of sunglasses her mood went up some levels. She peaked inside Harvey Nichols where she chatted up a girl in the Beauty section. I don’t know how she does it. Everywhere we go same thing. I wanted to continue to Notting Hill and the Portobello Road Market but Jay was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel for a nap so I went by myself. Found some beautiful scarves for only one pound each so I got two of them. Purrrrrfect. This means that not only did I spend money, I made money too!

We went for dinner with Anders, an investment banker I know that moved to London 5 years ago, and some of his friends at Nobu. I’ve never been there before but was quite curious. One of my favourite restaurants in Copenhagen is Umami, and I’ve heard that one of the guys who opened it used to work at Nobu in London. It was promising indeed.. and I wasn’t disappointed. The black cod was amazing and the unfiltered sake that we had plenty of made everybody happy. Jay thought it was the best kind of wine she ever had and she kicked every single one of the guys in arm wrestling. After we went to a club nearby that I cant remember the name of and it was almost impossible to get in. It was two levels and we went to the second one where the music was better. Bankers do know how to party. I was all sweaty from dancing non stop as we took a cab back to the hotel. Since we had an early flight back we didn’t go to bed, just took a shower and packed our things…


No comments: